Skip to main content

Puzzle 2 - Raising Hell

Welcome back! First things first, big shoutout to Will Nediger for two things: a) pointing me toward PuzzleMe, who I'm working with to get an in-post crossword app, and b) linking here from his own blog. Looks like a lot of folks found there way here from over there. Thanks a bunch Will!

PUZ
PDF
Solution

This one's about 2/5 in difficulty. It needs a title to work, which is unfortunate, because some half of the mainstream puzzle outlets don't run titles on their daily puzzles (and some don't do 16x grids, or circles, etc.). But, that means it's here, now, and you can do it!



We've been watching a ton of Space Jam lately. Henry (our 3 year old) found it in some old DVDs while cleaning a few months ago...and requests it all the time. IMO it's still hilarious and worth a rewatch (or 20).
  • I love the clip above. Still makes me smile. Any golf course and/or Larry Bird & Bill Murray scenes are the best.
  • I also love when the NBA owners just decide to cancel games solely out of concern for the safety of the players. Basically a lockout and not a strike. Seems a bit...ah...altruistic for a bunch of billionaires to give up $$$ like that while getting nothing in return.
  • At the beginning, when the catcher tells Michael not to swing at the next pitch (a curveball), but he swings and misses anyways, the pitch shown isn't a curveball. Maybe a 2-seam or a circle change, but it breaks the wrong way to be a curveball. Now it can bug you too when you watch it. You're welcome!
  • Daffy's a weirdo. I don't think I realized how strange he was watching Looney Tunes as a kid.
  • Also, Looney Tunes are not even on the radar of kids anymore, and it makes me feel old.
  • I'm more excited about Space Jam 2 than a reasonable adult should be.
  • The little aliens are called Nerdlucks! NERDLUCKS (9)!
NERDLUCKS (9), probably not coming to a crossword near you


One last thing (super-tiny puzzle spoiler ahead), I thought about using circles but figured that people who are seeking out indie crossword puzzles will be able to figure this one out just fine. If not let me know.

Come back for another themeless on the 28th!

Comments