Skip to main content

Puzzle 24 - Themeless #16

I like all my puzzles, but some of them I really like. This is one of those ones.

PUZ
PDF
Solution

  • Not often you happen to get one of your potential seed entries in the fill somewhere else, but that's what happened with 1-Across (the actual seed was 61-Across). Somewhere in my gigantic unorganized puzzle file I think there's a stack built with 1-Across, don't think I need it anymore.
  • Speaking of 1-Across, it's probably my favorite Disney song. I love just about everything about it.
  • I feel like I stepped into a little bit of a grey area cluing 15-Across. Came up with the clue on my own, then at some point looking over the puzzle saw that there's one other instance of it in an already published puzzle which uses the same clue. I went back and forth on changing it, but decided to keep it, because a) it's a nice clue, and more importantly b) it's not plagiarism, even though it might look like it. Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong on this one.
  • This is 70 words, which is higher than some of my recent stuff. I have a bunch of jumbled thoughts, and sometime I'll put them into something more coherent together, but I don't really care much/at all about the word count. I just usually start with a lowish word count and add more blocks in as I want/need to make the grid better. This one came out to 70 just because that's the best puzzle I found. Yesterday's NYT also had 70 and it's fantastic.
  • Anyways, hope y'all are staying safe & that you enjoy!

Comments