Skip to main content

Puzzle 52 - Themeless #40

Before we get to the puzzle, just a quick thanks, to you, for swinging by. I genuinely feel joy every 10ish days sending a puzzle out to the world for people to enjoy. This year has sucked, and the puzzle community has been a welcome respite from everything else. So thank you fellow constructors, streamers, solvers, and anyone else connected whatsoever to crosswords. Very delighted to be a tiny part of this wonderful community.

Looking ahead to next year - I have been branching out a bit. I have a little meta suite that's all gridded out & halfway clued - look for that in the next couple months. I've also been playing with Trail Mix varieties (inspired by Eric Berlin's fantastic Puzzlesnacks book) (buy local if you can, Bezos & the Waltons already have a sickeningly large amount of money). When I'm actually able to finish one of those grids, I'll drop that here too as a bonus. Don't worry though, the core of this site will stay the same for 2021 - at least three free puzzles a month, most of which will be themeless (I have quite the backlog of unclued grids to choose from).

Anyways, all I will say about this one is that I made my big run at cluing it on the night of Christmas Eve, after playing Santa's elf and wrapping up presents & stockings & whatnot. I had some help from my good friends at the Ardbeg distillery that night - learned why it took for-eeeeeever to drag my parents out of bed on Christmas morning.


PUZ

PDF

Solution

Comments