Skip to main content

Puzzle 54 - Themeless #41

Note: The 1/18 puzzle will go up on the 19th. Sorry bout that!

If you're wondering "What can I do about white supremacists storming DC? How can I help flip my state senate/representative/city councilor/whatever like Stacey Abrams?" - you, yes you, can take tangible action! Right now! This very second! Wherever you live, there are folks organizing and laying the political groundwork so that flips like Georgia can happen. There are groups dedicated to fighting white nationalism and fascism. They need more volunteers and more money. If you can (and I know not everyone can), help them out. If you'd like me to pick an organization - check out the Western States Center. The Northwest sadly has a long history of violent white supremacy and the WSC has been organizing and fighting back for decades.

Onto the puzzle. This one came about as an offshoot of a different, half-filled puzzle. I kept trying to make the 39-Across/43-Across stack there, but couldn't get it to happen. So, pulled those two entries as seeds for this one and voila! Enjoy!

PUZ

PDF

Solution

Comments

  1. Enjoyed the puzzle, thanks! Apropos of 33 Down: I was a newspaper copy editor for a long time, and as such wrote headlines. My fondest wish was for a minor earthquake to strike East Africa so that I could write this hed: Earthquake shakes Djibouti. Alas, never happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! I'm glad you got to share the pun without all of the destruction that goes with an earthquake :)

      Thanks for swinging by!

      Delete

Post a Comment