Skip to main content

Puzzle 74 - Themeless #58

Howdy! The month of funky grids continues - we're back with another more experimental grid shape. This is one I've lusted after for quite some time, with the "picture frame" around the edge. I'm a big sucker for pretty grids and this certainly fits the bill. It's got a couple more gluey entries than I normally prefer but I don't really care :) Hope you enjoy!

I also had two puzzles published yesterday! A guest puzzle on crosswords schmosswords called "picking up slack", and the WSJ called "Cleared for Takeoff". Go do them both!

 I also wanted to talk briefly about the WSJ as they have an editorial practice I'm not a huge fan of. You don't get to see proofs or have any input between acceptance and publication, which is something that most other outlets do provide. Because of that & their not-exactly-sparkling record when it comes to including things I personally don't want to see in grids, I'm pretty picky about what themes I'll send there (someone asked me about submitting there at all & i honestly don't mind raising a giant stink if that happens). Anyways, that WSJ has a lively, diverse set of themers & I'm proud to see it run...but that NE corner is not mine. Not my favorite way to do that corner, so this is me raising a little stink about it. Anyways, go do both of those puzzles, and I'm done blabbering for now. Next week we'll have another Nediger-random grid.

PUZ - PDF - Solution


Comments

  1. Is 14D/`17D an intentional mini-theme? If so, cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was unintentional, but I was happy to leave it in there :)

      Delete

Post a Comment