Skip to main content

Puzzle 76 - Themeless #60 (Spread the Wordlist)

Howdy - bonus puzzle time!! Today, Brooke Husic & Enrique Henestroza Anguiano released Spread the Wordlist! One of the barriers for new constructors is the lack of a wordlist - having a quality wordlist makes life approximately 100 times easier. Removing one of the big financial barriers will help more folks get into crossword construction and ultimately result in more great puzzles for everyone to solve! This was one of the big items on my Things I Wish Were Different About Crosswords (tm) (not to say that I get any credit whatsoever, this is all Enrique & Brooke). Anyways, super excited!

They were generous enough to share the site with me a few days ago, and I was so excited that I made a themeless puzzle  100% entirely using only their wordlist. I know you'll like the puzzle, and I'm happy to attest that the list is great and I'll be using it going forward!

(Also! If you're a new constructor, the other free wordlist I'm aware of is Peter Broda's - which is also a great resource & another one I use - it is more comprehensive but requires more judgement calls/weeding out.)

PUZ - PDF - Solution

Comments