Skip to main content

Puzzle 104 - Themeless #76 (i love it when you call me 39-across)

In a few hours, the Seattle Mariners will take the field in Houston in the ALDS. I can't wait. This weekend was absolutely magical - starting with Luis Castillo's utter dominance & ending with one of the greatest postseason comebacks in MLB history.

I think seasons like this one are as good as it gets as a fan. The breakout season. They're young, exciting, completely unburdened by expectations. Basically everyone's rooting for them - especially facing off against the Astros. The whole two decades of futility being snapped. The first home playoff game in two decades!! T-Mobile Park is going to be absolutely bonkers on Saturday & Sunday. This season is an unmitigated success, regardless of what happens over the next few weeks. House money. And it's awesome. The M's probably won't win the World Series this year...but they might, and that's more than I've been able to say in mid-October in a very very long time. I'm terrified, nervous, excited, and can't wait to find out what happens.

Should also mention that this puzzle was made with a new beta construction software called Ingrid, made by Ryan Fitzgerald. It's awesome, and if you're a constructor, you should keep an eye out.

Go Mariners!

PUZ - PDF - Solution


Comments

  1. Fun puzzle. Go M's! (I'm a Nats fan but you've got a great team that's the best story in the playoffs, as far as I'm concerned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thanks so much! I've got all of the butterflies in my stomach right about now.

      Delete

Post a Comment